One Great Real-Date Date
Another reason you shouldn’t shed tears for my dating life is courtesy of my divorce, I can like, go on dates and stuff and thus will have the opportunity to contribute to and mold my own dating future!
Not sure how this compares to GeekHiker’s “Them!”, but I am quite pleased with this outing from last week:
1) Eat a late breakfast of freshly made blueberry muffins (Thanks Linda!)
2) Bike four miles along the Virginia Beach boardwalk to First Landing State Park.
4) Share a snack of home-grown garden tomatoes (Thanks Erin!) and homemade chocolate chip cookies (Thanks Rachelle!).
5) Bike back to the beach.
6) Walk about a mile to eat dinner with friends.
7) Cap off the evening with a leisurely mile walk back with friends, checking out the Ella Fitzgerald tribute, an amusement park, the Curiosities Rock Shop and, of course, the baffling Dance Heads display. Not familiar with Dance Heads? Watch this must-see demo.
Amusement Park in Motion! (Photo by aejonze)
8 ) Hold hands
Guy on Stilts (Photo by aejonze)
9) Three of us hang out on the balcony and pretend our fourth is not having a bowel emergency in the restroom. La Dee Da Dee Da.
10) With the balcony door open and exhausted from a very full day, fall asleep listening to the ocean.
In case you were not counting, that’s:
- 20 miles of biking
- At least 2 miles of walking
- and 1 dire dumping incident
What more could a girl want? 😉
More pictures from First Landing State Park and Virginia Beach can by found on my Flickr site as well as my friend, Aaron’s, Flickr site.
|First Landing State Park
2500 Shore Drive
Cape Henry Trail