Unintentional Six State Challenge
A while back I posted about the Four State Challenge on the Appalachian Trail where hikers cover over 40 miles in a single day to step foot in Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland and Pennsylvania.
Today, Larry, ZJ and I unintentionally did a Six State Challenge with the help of Northwest Airlines.
1) We left home in Virginia
2) We caught a flight in Greensboro, North Carolina
3) We landed in Memphis, Tennesee way too late to make our connecting flight.
4) We took a new flight to Indianapolis, Indiana
5) We took one more flight to Minneapolis, Minnesota
6) Larry got a warning for speeding in Minnesota before we made it over to Wisconsin.
Our journey took us 16 hours. I read about some hikers who did two states less than us in 15 hours. Those wussies. 🙂 Of course, my feet are in great shape, I got a free dinner and at the end of the day I was rewarded with a nice Soy Green Tea Latte from Starbucks and a very comfortable looking bed.
But, boy…I do think I can relate to the exhaustion (at least mentally) the Four State Challengers feel. It’s been quite a day!