Well Rounded Weekend
One of my contract work projects recently went live. Without that ongoing obligation, I had something that resembled free time! I got a number of things done:
- I started a cleaning effort of our house– knocking out two bathrooms, mopping the kitchen floor and preparing the carpets to be shampooed later in the week (that’s a fancy phrase for “vaccuumed”).
- I caught up on some letters. Kicking off that effort– a lengthy letter to my cousin Adam who recently arrived in Iraq. Another cousin, Allison, also made my list.
- Installed new showerheads in two bathrooms.
- Replaced a broken toilet seat… unfortunately, I was under the impression our toilet was white. Once home, it was painfully clear the the toilet is in fact beige. Regardless of color, the white toilet seat is slightly more presentable than a toilet seat with a big ole crack in it.
- Contract work — I didn’t escape it all, but my obligations were such that I only had to work in the evenings!
And finally– Hiking! I didn’t go on the 20 mile hike (and wouldn’t you know it– the other hiker reported seeing 4 black bears), but my shin and I were able to sneak in a 4.6 mile hike this afternoon with Jimmie, Henry and Mike E. We went down the War Spur Trail to the AT Connector Trail to the AT and then to Wind Rocks. Not a toughie– but a wonderful outing.
(Jimmie enjoying the view at Wind Rocks)
(Mike E and I have hiked hundreds of miles together, but this is the very first picture that features both of us.)
The rest of the pictures of our War Spur-Wind Rocks hike are on my website.